Back to news
IAEA 2016 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship
The IAEA 2016 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship will support attendance at the 2016 IAEA conference to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, from August 21-26.
The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications is February 30, 2016.
The scholarship will consist of a maximum stipend of USD 2,500 to cover travel, subsistence, and conference registration costs. Eligible candidates must be students, in the early stage of their career, enrolled full-time in a doctoral degree program in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field.
To apply, the candidate should send the following information to email@example.com:
• Email address
• Postal address, including street address, city, state or province, and country
• Graduate institution
• Name of graduate degree program
• Name of faculty advisor
The candidate should also send as electronic attachments:
1. Curriculum vita
2. Letter from a faculty advisor attesting to the candidate's academic accomplishments and verifying enrollment as a doctoral student in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field
3. Paper authored or co-authored by the candidate on a topic related to educational assessment
4. If available, a written endorsement from a primary or individual member of IAEA. (The faculty-advisor recommendation and IAEA-member endorsement may be from the same individual if that individual, or his or her institution, is an IAEA member.) Preference will be given to candidates that present an IAEA-member endorsement.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IAEA 2016 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship award will be made based on eligibility, the strength of the faculty recommendation, and the quality and relevance to educational assessment of the submitted paper or presentation. Multiple awards may be available.
The winner(s) will be notified by March 30, 2016, that the scholarship has been awarded. Other applicants will be notified at the same time.
The winner(s) will be invited to make a paper presentation at the conference.
This story was last updated on: 2 Dec 2015